Our Florida Law Practice
St. Petersburg lawyers with decades of combined experience serving businesses and individuals
The lawyers of The Law Office of William H. Walker, Chartered have the skill and experience needed to represent you through Florida's complex judicial system. William H. Walker's background as a collegiate diver, professional coach and national sports leader — where taking risks for great rewards is second nature — gives him a unique understanding of the obstacles his clients face. He applies his knowledge of what it means to continually strive to higher goals to his practice of law, helping clients achieve success in meeting their challenges.
Our law firm's practice encompasses:
Many of the situations and problems described below are faced by individuals in their dealings with businesses. The Law Office of William H. Walker, Chartered handles claims for individuals who may need representation in connection with:
- Business transactions
- Real estate transactions
- Probate, trust or estate matters
- Insurance claims
- Non-competition agreements and claims involving trade secrets or confidential information
- We assist individuals with all matters described below
Please see the additional information below and contact us for further information.
The Law Office of William H. Walker, Chartered handles a wide range of business litigation issues, including:
Deciding to start a business can be a life-altering choice to make — and is a decision where the advice of an experienced lawyer is invaluable. Our firm provides assistance to new business owners by:
- Helping you determine whether you should form a corporation, a limited liability corporation (LLC), a limited liability partnership (LLP) or adopt another entity structure
- Walking you through the entity set-up process
- Drafting articles, by-laws and contracts to run your business
We provide comprehensive service so you can focus on running your business, not worrying about legal issues.
We can also help you through the process of dismantling a business entity. We have a thorough understanding of Florida business law and work closely with you to ensure you do not encounter any legal pitfalls during the dissolution process.
Whether starting, running or selling a business, it is crucial to make sure you maintain accurate corporate documentation. We can review your documentation and assist you in getting it up to date and keeping it that way.
Proper planning for the future is one of the easiest and smartest ways to prevent minor problems from turning into contentious points of litigation. Our business consulting services involve:
- Preparing and reviewing contracts, leases, operating agreements, employment agreements, construction contracts and business documents
- Reviewing policies and procedures for flaws
- Amending contracts
- Consulting on the legal aspects of your business strategy
- Rendering opinions on the legal questions affecting your business
If you believe part of your business may be at risk of becoming involved in litigation, our lawyers evaluate the specific details of your situation to determine whether pre-litigation negotiations, mediation or arbitration may avoid the costs associated with going to court, yet still produce an acceptable resolution.
Our trial experience allows us to help you with your transactional needs, since we are more aware of potential litigation issues which can exist in any business.
Early proactive steps sometimes exist and, if pursued timely, can help remove a threat or mitigate the time and resources needed to remedy the situation.
It is easy for disputes to arise when the ownership of commercial or residential real property changes hands. The Law Office of William H. Walker, Chartered can assist you with:
Our law firm represents heirs, beneficiaries, family members, friends, charities and other interested parties when the conditions or execution of an estate or trust are disputed.
- Estate litigation involving suits filed on behalf of individuals or heirs
- Probate litigation involving the determination of heirs, will contests, elective share litigation, surcharge actions, accounting issues, and the removal of personal representative, trustees or other fiduciaries
- Trust litigation involving trust contests, trust interpretation, trust interpretation, trust modification, trust termination, trust reformation, breaches by trustees, and the appointment or removal of trustees
- Breaches of fiduciary duty and fiduciary violations
Many insurance companies unjustly deny claims or force policyholders to go through extensive steps to obtain the compensation rightfully theirs. Our law firm helps clients navigate the claims process and receive the benefits they deserve in matters involving:
Mr. Walker represents the rights of athletes and sports organizations in legal matters on both a domestic and an international basis. We offer legal services for athletes and sports organizations, including representation before State Agencies, National Governing Bodies, International Federations and the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Switzerland.
Whether there are sanctions against a specific team, an athlete has tested positive for drugs or an exemption needs to be made based on a medical condition, Mr. Walker has the experience needed to find an effective resolution. Currently Mr. Walker serves as general counsel for USA Diving, Inc. and its National Board of Review, presiding over administrative hearings on claims by athletes and others.
Back to top
Serving businesses and individuals throughout Florida
Clients count on The Law Office of William H. Walker, Chartered for skilled legal representation in the Tampa Bay area and throughout Florida. Contact our office online or at 727.821.3060 for professional service from a qualified lawyer.