Lawyers Serving Tampa Bay and All of Florida
William H. Walker
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 727.821.3060
Since founding The Law Office of William H. Walker, Chartered in 1980, Bill Walker has counseled hundreds of businesses in commercial law. His legal career began in 1973 when he earned his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law and was admitted to practice law. While earning his Juris Doctor, Mr. Walker was also a teaching assistant, executive editor and editor-in-chief of the Stetson Law Review. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Miami in 1968.
- Probation and Parole Officer, State of Florida
- Assistant State Attorney, 6th Judicial Circuit
- Associate Attorney, Duggar & Walker, P.A.
- 40 years private civil practice
- Hearing Officer for the City of St. Petersburg Human Relations Committee
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Represented clients in more than 150 different industries
- Over 135 jury trials to verdict in Florida. More than 150 non-jury trials & final judicial hearings
Bar memberships and professional associations
Bill is admitted to the Florida Bar, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the United States Circuit Court of Appeal and the United States Supreme Court. He belongs to:
- The Florida Bar (all courts in the State of Florida)
- The St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Past President (2004 to 2005)
- Business Law Section
- Trial Practice Section
- Chair, Special Projects Committee, past member of the executive and budget committees, former chair for the Liaison with Stetson University College of Law Committee
- The St. Petersburg Bar Foundation, founding trustee and president
- Community Law Program, Inc. Member, Board of directors 2014
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell® for exceptional legal abilities and high ethical standards. He is a Paul Harris Fellow for Rotary International.
- “The Barney” award from the Barney Masterson Inns of Court — awarded for professionalism, ethics, civility and legal excellence
- Heroes Among Us Award from the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation — awarded for public service and bringing public recognition to the charitable work lawyers do in our community
- Community Law Award for meritorious service to those unable to afford legal representation 1990
- Community Law Program Outstanding Law Firm Service Award 2012
Diving and sports management
Bill Walker has served in many positions with USA Diving, Inc., the sport's National Governing Body under the United States Olympic Committee. He was President from 1998 to 2002, and then served as Chair of the Business Affairs Advisory Committee, which drafted the business plan and documents to convert the organization from a volunteer driven entity with a small executive staff to a professionally managed corporation.
Bill was also a founding trustee and then Chairman of the United States Diving Foundation.
- Aquatics International Who's Who Award
- USA Diving Glen McCormick Memorial Award for outstanding service
- Volunteer Diving Coach of the Year, U.S. Olympic Committee
- City of St. Petersburg Recreation Department Volunteer of the Year
Diving, Coaching and Volunteer Activities
- University of Miami Hurricanes Swimming and Diving Team
- Diving coach for St. Petersburg Catholic High School and St. Peterburg Club Diving, Inc.
- Started a minority outreach program with the help of USA National Team athlete Darrell Moore and support from the USA Diving Foundation
- His affiliations in the diving community have included:
- USA Diving, Inc. (the National Governing Body under the U.S. Olympic Committee)
- USA Diving Foundation
- Meet Commissioner for the VI Fina World Cup in Indianapolis
- Technical Committee for the Amateur Swimming Union of the Americas (Pan American Games)
- USA/Fina "A" international diving judge, NCAA national championships judge, US Olympic Trials judge and United States National Team Leader
Additional civic activities include:
- Coached junior league basketball and high school basketball in St. Petersburg
- Served 11 years as a part-time certified police officer in the St. Petersburg Reserve Police
- Is a founding board member and past President of the Society for the Advancement of the Poyneter Library at the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg
- Chair of the Code Revision Committee for U.S. Synchronized Swimming, Inc.
- Member of the Finance Committee for Holy Family Catholic Church
- Member, Development Advisory Board, St. Petersburg Catholic High School
- Paragon Award, International Swimming Hall of Fame 2013